My EDINA Account Privacy Notice
About this notice
This privacy notice provides information about how EDINA and the University of Edinburgh collects and uses your personal information in relation to your My EDINA Account membership.
This privacy notice uses âyouâ to mean any individual about whom we collect and hold personal data.
What information may we collect about you?
We collect, store and use the following categories of personal data:
- your contact details such as name, title, personal or work e-mail addresses
- other relevant personal information. For example, if you are booking a place at a conference or event, the conference organisers may ask you to provide other relevant information e.g. details of any dietary requirements or allergies
- customer feedback. We may carry out customer research by providing customers with access to feedback questionnaires. Although this feedback is anonymous, the questionnaires provide the opportunity for free text comments, in which a customer may supply personally identifiable information about themselves, other customers or members of staff
- your IP address
How is your personal data collected?
You give us your personal data through the information collected about you in order to become a member of My EDINA Account and respond to an email relating to an enquiry etc. We capture this information as it is necessary to fulfil the membership contract.
How we will use the information about you?
The information you provide to My EDINA Account will be used by EDINA and the University of Edinburgh to:
- manage your membership
- maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- event administration
- process any complaint you submit
- maintain or develop systems and processes
- meet legislative, statutory, contractual and audit requirements
- improve service levels
- update you on service changes, improvements and downtimes
- notify you of webinars, training events and conferences
We will hold the personal data you provided us for two years after your last activity on My EDINA Account.
If you have any questions, please contact the EDINA helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 650 3302.